Artist for the Month of April, Lucrezia Bieler

 
Lucrezia Bieler 

Lucrezia Bieler is a Swiss papercutting artist with a diploma in Scientific Illustration (with honors). She is  best known for her amazing scherenschnitte. Scherenschnitte is the art of papercutting design. Her famouse work include, Evil bunnies are tempting me with their fluffy fur, Rattle Race, Mermaids Yin and Yang, Mermaid, I have a million nightingales on the branches of my heart singing freedom, and much more. She won several awards,“Best of Show” and “Award of Excellence” at the CraftArt Festival in St. Petersburg and has exhibited at more than 40 shows this decade, including three at the Smithsonian. Among her papercutting skills Lucrezia also works with different media, such as watercolor, and acrylic/oil. Her main focus is fairly tales, nature scenes, portraits, and scenes from daily life.

  She shows her dedication by having care and patience with cutting lines that are no thicker than thread-width. She also only uses one piece of paper and cuts only with small scissors.

 Lucrezia deomnstrates her love for art through her work. This is why she is the artist for the month of April.

If you would like more information about this months artist, 
she can be reached at, www.bieler-beerli.com

 


"Mermaids Yin and Yang"



            "I have a million nightingales on the branches of my heart singing freedom"

 
"Rattle Race"

  
"Evil bunnies are tempting me with their fluffy fur"


 
"Mermaid"

This is a signed print of Mermaid that I bought from Lucrezia it hangs in my living room wall. I had the pleasure in meeting such an artistic woman. While I was volunteering for Lemoyne center for the Visual Arts, I took some time to look around at the downtown market. I came across these magnificent pieces of work. 







Comments