The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side


During one of my visits to New York, I captured an interesting moment of my little brother running towards a duck spring rider. He was playing on the swings and then spotted a shinny duck that was on the other side of the play ground. I thought it was an interesting moment because that reminded me about my own life and how I do the same thing. I always want what I don't have. For example, when I am in Florida I want to go to New York and when I am in New York I want to go back to Florida.
It always feels like I will be better there than where I am. I feel like my anxiety will get better there. But in reality its still going to be there no matter where I go and where I am. 
I need to accept that my grass is bright green where I am now and not always on the other side
The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Sidw (2011)
(12 x 16 inches: Acrylic on Stretched Canvas)






Comments