My Visit to MoMa in NYC

     Looking at a famous piece of art in person is such a different experience than looking at it through a picture. This realization came to life at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa).
Below are pictures my brother took of my sister and I at the MoMa. Enjoy!!
Please excuse the quality of the pictures they were taken with an ipod. Always remember to check that the SIM card is in your camera before you go anywhere.:P
  
Wrong entrance:P

Andrew Wyeth Christina's World
Jackson Pollock One: Number 31

Jackson Pollock Echo: Number 25


Andy Warhol Marilyn Monroe
 
Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup
Pablo Picasso Girl Before a Mirror

Pablo Picasso Les demoiselles d'Avignon
and my sister making her own art with her face.:P
Pablo Picasso Three Musicians
Pablo Picasso Seated Bather
I wish I could include all of Picasso's famous works, but I couldn't because there was a private collection. You can view it here http://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2011/picassoguitars/featured-works/index.php
 Head of a Man with a Moustache
The link above will take you to a mixed media drawing from Picasso's private collection at the MoMa. I observed the drawing and found that when you first glance at it, you will think anyone can do it. Once I observed it for a longer period, I found out that he included the words and lines from the newspaper into his work. I thought that was brilliant. One of my favorite pieces of art. I saw the beauty of his work with this drawing.

Vincent Van Gough The Starry Night
Van Gough's view outside his sanitarium window at night.
Henry Matisse Dance
Gotta love my brother's photography skills. Haha!

Henry Rousseau The Sleeping Gypsy


Marc Chagall I and the Village

What a long painting! Its actually three panels.


Claude Monet Water Lilies 


Piet Mondrian
Frida Kahlo Fulang-Chang and I

Edvard Munch The Storm 
 
Thanks for viewing:O)
 

Comments