Center Stage Painting

This is a current painting that I am working on  called "Center Stage". It is inspired by Salvador Dali.  Someone told me that my work has surrealistic tendencies, so i decided to work with it. 


This is the first progress pic of Center Stage. I painted over another painting called Lady in the Water that I was not found of. Either way I enjoy starting fresh because it gives me the opportunity to make an even better painting. It is also a great learning experience, so time is never wasted. I said my goodbyes to the painting and so I started with the dark blue sky and then slowly worked my way down. I then proceeded to paint the blue mountains. I am fascinated with cobalt blue for some reason. I use it in most of my paintings.

This is when I painted the curtains and noticed the right curtain looked like a face. I worked with it and made it more prominent. I was originally going to have a women morphed into the curtains and reaching out to the mountains. But I decided to follow my creative instinct.


I also added a spotlight to the landscape. I have several ideas for the direction of this painting, but my creative instinct will probably take over, which will result into something else.This is what I have so far. I will update once the painting is complete, so stay tuned:) I also plant on making a video to show the process of my painting.

Check out the update on this painting http://www.andrearealpe.com/2012/12/center-stage-painting-update.html

Comments